In my studies of end times prophecies I found that besides Revelation which is a bit difficult at times to read chronologically, the “Olivet Discourse” (or the teaching of Jesus on the mount of Olives to the disciples) is the best resource for information on the Tribulation, Great Tribulation, and His second coming.
This is a chart I constructed to visually explain the Olivet Discourse.
A. Matthew 24:5-12
- False Christ’s deceive many
- Wars and rumors of wars
- Earthquakes in various places
- Christians hated and killed
- Offence and hate
- False prophets deceive many
- Lawlessness increases
- Love grows cold
B. Matthew 24:15-20
- Temple sacrifices halted by Antichrist
- Abomination of Desolation occurs in the temple. Dan 11:31, 12:11
- Those in Judea should flee to the mountains. Matt 24:16-20
C. Matthew 24:21-28
- The greatest tribulation history has ever seen will begin at this time.
- False Christ’s and prophet’s will deceive many and perform signs and wonders.
- When Christ does come it will not be a hidden or secret thing.
- The gospel will be preached to all before the end.
D. Matthew 24:29-51 & 25:31-46
- Sun darkened, stars fall
- All will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds and mourn
- Angels will gather all the Elect from heaven
- Jesus will sit on His throne of glory
- Nations are gathered before Him and divided: sheep from goats
- Sheep inherit the kingdom and enter eternal life
- Goats cast to hell for everlasting punishment
For a parallel view of the Gospel accounts of the Olivet Discourse visit http://www.biblesupersearch.com/end_times_parallel.pdf